Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) links to specific topic hotlines and emails. The EPA's mission is to protect human health and the environment.
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Healthy (NIOSH), 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636). NIOSH provides national and world leadership to prevent workplace illnesses and injuries
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), 1-800-321-OSHA (6742). With the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, Congress created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to assure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance.
For state Occupational Safety and Health Agencies, visit this site or contact 1-800-321-OSHA (6742). Section 18 of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (the Act) encourages states to develop and operate their own job safety and health programs. OSHA approves and monitors state plans.
- Cuyamaca College Environmental Technology Program
- Deep South Center for Occupational Health and Safety
- McGill University
- Oklahoma State University Environmental Health & Safety
- OSHA Training Institute at UCSD Extension
- Purdue University
- University of Iowa, Heartland Center for Occupational Health and Safety
- University of Maryland
- University of Michigan's Industrial Hygiene Graduate Training Program
- University of Minnesota
- University of Utah - Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
- University of VA - Office of EHS
- University of Washington - Dept. of Environmental Health
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee