Purpose and Objectives
At its July 2019 meeting, the AIHA Board of Directors approved membership in the newly formed Indoor Environmental Quality Global Alliance (IEQ-GA), an international non-profit association whose corporate offices are located in the Belgium.
AIHA is a founding Full Member, along with:
- AIVC - Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre
- AiCARR- Associazone Italiana Condizionamento dell’Aria Riscaldamento e Refrigerazione
- ASHRAE - American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- ISHRAE - Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers
- REHVA - Federation of European Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Associations
IEQ-GA is organized and operated for the purpose of bringing together professionals from various disciplines that deal with the indoor environment. IEQ-GA is dedicated to promoting the exchange of indoor environmental information, education and research for the safety and well-being of the general public. Members will work together to create a common understanding and messaging of policy agendas and advocacy positions, research gaps, and research results and other collected information that can be transferred to practice in the form of standards, codes, guidelines or other means of dissemination in the widest understanding that support health and Indoor Environmental Quality in buildings and alike where the indoor environment is aimed at human occupancy.
As a Full Member, AIHA is a voting member of the IEQ-GA and shall appoint one (1) Primary Voting Director and one (1) Alternate Director to the IEQ-GA Board of Directors. The Alternate Director has the same rights as the voting Director. The Alternate Director shall only replace the Director if the Director is not available.
In addition, the above individuals shall serve on the IEQ-GA General Assembly, which is composed of all Full Members and Affiliate Members. Each Full Member in good standing is entitled to vote on each matter submitted to a vote of the General Assembly. Affiliate Members have no voting rights in the General Assembly.
It is understood that the AIHA representatives to the IEQ-GA Board of Directors shall also serve on the General Assembly. The General Assembly is superior to the Board of Directors and ratifies appointments of all members to the Board.
IEQ-GA AIHA Representatives Selection Process
The process of selecting AIHA’s two (2) representatives begins with an open call for applications to the AIHA membership. Applications are reviewed, and selections made by the AIHA Board. Selections are made to ensure that the committee maintains as broad a diversity of representation as is reasonably possible.
AIHA representatives must be current and active members of AIHA and should have a strong background in Indoor Environmental Quality, as demonstrated by work experience, academic pursuits and other credentials.
IEQ-GA Representative Responsibilities
The primary voting director is expected to:
- Attend meetings of both the General Assembly and Board of Directors, by phone or video conference (or in person if sufficient travel funds are available via AIHA). At the current time it is anticipated that most meetings will be held in the US.
- Provide a summation of discussions held and indicate any impact to AIHA following each meeting or call (within a reasonable amount of time)
The alternate director shall make him/herself available should the primary director be unable to attend. The same provisions apply as stated above.
General Time Commitment
- At least one (1) IEQ-GA General Assembly meeting
- At least two (2) IEQ-GA Board of Directors meetings
- Email correspondence as needed
- Accountable to the AIHA Board of Directors
- Agree to uphold and abide by the AIHA Bylaws, Conflict of Interest and Code of Conduct policies
Nominations will be accepted until close of business on September 15, 2019. Self-nominations will be accepted.
The AIHA Board of Directors will review submittals from all interested parties. We hope to have decisions made within 3 weeks of the deadline stated above. On occasion, our review may take longer due to travel, schedules, or unforeseen circumstances. If that is to happen and you have not heard from us with 1 month, please reach out to AIHA CEO Larry Sloan. We will be in touch as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your patience.
Note: * = a required field.