Local Section Council
The Local Sections Council (LSC) is a forum for local sections to discuss issues of interest or concern, and through this structure, communicate these issues to the AIHA Board of Directors.
The president and president-elect of each local section is a member of the Local Sections Council. Voting privileges are granted to each local section president. The LSC meets annually at AIHce EXP during the Local Sections Council Business Meeting.
If you're a president of your local section and are unable to attend the meeting, please fill out a proxy form. The proxy form will assign voting rights to the officer/substitute representing your local section at the Local Sections Council Business Meeting.
The Local Sections Council's (LSC) mission is to promote continued effectiveness and efficiency of AIHA local sections, to serve as a liaison among local sections, and to provide collective local section positions to the AIHA Board and national AIHA office.
To learn more about the roles and responsibilities and goals and objectives of the Local Sections Council, review their charter.
The Local Sections Council is led by the following officers:
Chair: John R. Moore III, CIH, CSP
- Vice Chair: Hillary B. Waterhouse, CIH
- Past Chair: Bruce A. Donato, CHMM, CSP, CECD
Roles and Responsibilities
- AIHA Board Liaison
- Local Section Council Officers (coming soon)
- Local Section Officers
- Certification Maintenance Points for Local Section Officers
- Officer and Director Insurance
- Local Section Committees
- Local Section Finances
Guidelines and Policies
- Branding and AIHA Logo Guidelines for Local Sections
- Guide to Government Affairs at the Local Level (coming soon)
- Social Media Guidelines for Local Sections
- Creating a Local Section Scholarship via AIHF
- Submitting to The Synergist (coming soon)
- General Guidelines for Local Sections Planning to Sponsor a New Student Local Section
- Local Section Endorsement Letter (Sample)
- Travel Reimbursement Policy for Volunteers on AIHA Business
Forms and Templates
- Advertising Upcoming Local Section Events
- Distinguished Lecturer Funding Request
- Electronic Fund Agreement (EFT) Agreement and Setting-Up EFT for Collected Local Section Dues
- Local Section Regional Representative Nomination Form
- Meeting Agenda Template for Local Sections
- Meeting Minute Template for Local Sections
- Donating/Setting-Up a Local Section Scholarship via AIHF
- Petition for the Formation of a New AIHA Local Section
- Release of Local Section Territory
- Sharing Local Section Success Stories (coming soon)